What a strong storm we had come through here tonight. It has quieted down now but that wind was something else. Which has me thinking about our cabin plans. I still want it,no matter what the outcome of what all else is going on. Hubstead is looking for another job,he has had it with the company he is working for now.The heat gets unbearable during the summer in the warehouse and you add machines going on makes it even worse. We still have been looking for land in New Mexico. We have come to realize that there are no jobs back east much less places to buy or rent since the tornado went thru. I won't go back to Birmingham,no not this gal. Land prices are outrageous too in Alabama.
So, our best bet is to either find land west of here or some really cheap land in here in Texas.I don't think I have sold hubstead on the idea of off grid yet.He has a lot of questions and I try to answer them the best way I know how. You know you can really do a lot of research of the subject but until you get out there and "do it" you're pretty much in the dark.I tried to explain to him that we won't have electricity to begin with and will have to wait on getting solar panels.Heating is nothing and as long as I can cook and heat water for a bath I'm all good. And I told him about getting a garden started. Yep a lot of work but we'll see some progress in the first two years.And besides we get a generator it will help.Ok by this time I'm thinking "have I done lost my mind?" I pointed out about having more money after everything settles down.I have four more things to get for the cabin and I'm done.
He's old school where the man works a job 40 hours a week and brings home the bacon.Well the bacon is getting a little bit too lean and the price isn't worth it anymore. I think he sees that now.I don't think he will mind as long as he can stay warm during the winter.He's cold natured.I on the other hand don't like the heat too well.I got our plans put down on paper,buying food to last us til we get things going.All the stuff we are going to need and the things I have already gotten.Now it's a waiting game to see what comes up. I was kind of hoping he would wait til March of next year to quit his job but I think he maybe doing it sooner.First thing is to get this truck paid for.But we'll see.
In the mean time,everything is going good.I have been looking at everyones posts and your gardens.I can't wait to get mine going.When that storm came thru I piled up in the bed and didn't want to get out of it.Orion is getting his rabie shot this Thursday and unfortunately the vet has to come to him.I can not see taking him to get his shot with other dogs and cats and such because he isn't crowd friendly.So we got to pay a big extra for this vet but I heard he was good with ill tempered dogs like mine.I can't figure it,we have been so careful with him and very loving and kind and he still doesn't like people at all.Dang dog.
So here we are waiting and hoping something will open up. It really makes me aggravated that a lot of the large companies are coming in and buying all the available land.Pretty soon there won't be any.