Thursday, May 24, 2012

Today I figured out that the purple tomatoes do not do well in hot Texas weather. I had a dozen and now I'm down to four.I did try the epsom salt spray and they seem to like it.It was 104 here today I brought my plants in to give them a rest from the heat and it helped Remember I have them in pots so they are easily movable. The wind is a bad factor here too,it about beats them down in pots.

Today I downloaded a copy of planting times for this area.Got to go and buy more seeds,I just don't know where Im gonna plant them.I have these giant basket gourd seeds and as I was reading up on planting them it seems this area is too hot for them to grow.Usually I'll try a couple plants and see what happens.Don't know until I try right?

I'm got to do some research on how much garden to plant to at least last thru winter months. I have a small freezer I'd love to fill to the top with veggies.That would be nice uh?

Well nothing more is new,I have been still looking  for land though.

No comments:

Post a Comment