Friday, December 28, 2012

What to Do?

I've been getting my seed catalogs in this month and trying to decide what to plant.Not even there yet and making plans!But that's just me.I have packed up more boxes and need so many more.I decided not to get rid of too much because you know when you get rid of something you are going to either be looking for it later,forgetting you got rid of it,or you going to need it.Who knows right? The sad part is my clothes,I've gained so much weight here that I can't wear what's in my closet.Do I get rid of those clothes or keep them?Oh the agony HA!.

Back to the seed catalogs. I still am looking for more flowers to plant.I got all the veggie stuff going on but I don't have enough flowers.I can't make up my mind if I want to plant roses,which we like,and iris and lilies.I know we may have a deer or two passing thru and that has me concerned.North Alabama has a large deer population.I like the trailing vines like morning glories.

We are in the market for a wood burning stove.We've looked at a few but hadn't made a decision on what to get.I want the small one because it's a small cabin and we don't need something that is going to sweat you out,hubstead has his eye on a bigger one.

I'm still having a thought problem about our septic system that's gonna need to be installed and soon.I don't know exactly how long we can be without it before something is said.There it's going to cost $1500.00(my cousin is gonna help with the install) and that's something we aren't going to have right off the bat.Any suggestions? The ground will be hard right now and we can get away without it for awhile but if they know we are there they will want it installed.This is the only thing that will keep us from being bothered.Everything else will be at this point bliss!So if anyone can give me some advise I'd love it.They are laxed there but not too laxed ya know.


It's still icy cold here and will be for awhile.I won't let Orion stay out too long even during the day.Yes,I worry like a human mom.I am very particular about him.I can't wait to get him in a bigger yard,he's getting fat but I am one to talk lol.I need to get rid of this mess too.The closer it comes to moving the more nervous I am getting.I just want it to be over with.I talked to my brother and he's is anxious for us to get there too.


















6 comments:

  1. Morning! Sounds as if your moving along with your packing. The clothes...if they are within 2-3 sizes of what you wear now, save them & pass on the rest. You will slim down some as you are more active when you move. If not you'll have fabic to work with!

    When you get settled let me know, I'll send you some lilies, mums

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thats sounds great Kati,I like mums too.I have sit idle alittle too long and can't wait to get going.Yeah i guess I better keep some stuff to wear,never know uh?

      Delete
  2. I got a seed catalog in the mail this past week, but I haven't planned out what I want to plant yet. I need to figure it out soon, though, so I can start seedlings inside in the next month or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a catalog in called Seed Savers Exchange and they have the most interesting "different" veggie seeds in it.They have pages of all kinds beans and tomatoes and stuff.I got more catalogs but not as nice as this one.

      Delete
  3. yeah, they're gonna be sticklers about the septic system. when we bought this place 10 yrs back, they 'suspected' the old system might not be functioning correctly and made us put in a whole new system before we could close on the property. then later, we figured out it was just a pipe drainage problem. anyway, they do protect the environment when it comes to septic waste... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not that bad there.We got time to do it,I've already checked on it.

      Delete